In order to use Calendar Sync for Jira with Outlook.com, follow the steps below.
- In Jira, click your profile icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen. A menu will appear. Click My calendars.
The page shows all the feeds and calendars available to you.
- Copy calendar URL to clipboard using the Copy to clipboard button, or directly from the text field.
- In Outlook.com Calendar, expand the dropdown for Add calendar and select From internet.
- Paste the address from clipboard, type a name for the calendar and click Save. An example URL is shown here; your URL will be much different.
- After a short while the calendar will appear under Other Calendars and in the main window.
According to Outlook.com documentation, it may take more than 24 hours until a change in Jira is reflected in Outlook.com. This delay is entirely under control of Outlook; Calendar Sync for Jira provides updated data within 5 minutes.